It’s one thing to replace a few shingles that have cracked or fallen off. Replacing the entire roof is a much bigger investment. Do you know when it’s time to call in a professional roofing company to replace the structure?
Roof Warning Signs
You may need a total roof replacement when:
- Your roof is over 20 years old. Asphalt shingle roofs tend to last 20-30 years. Once you hit the 25-year mark, it’s time to start planning for replacement.
- The shingles curl at the edges or bulge in the center. When you start seeing this, you may have one to five years of life left in the roof.
- A large number of shingles are cracked or missing. This can be a sign of deeper issues with the roof itself. You may want to replace the whole roof instead of just patching.
- Your roof has developed tiny holes. You may see sunlight through it when you’re in the attic or find signs of water damage on the ceiling or walls after a rain. You’ll need to take action ASAP. In just months, these small annoyances can grow into serious problems like rotting floorboards and mold throughout your home.
- The roof is sagging. Watch out, this roof might collapse. You may need to pay for an expensive fix for structural damage along with the cost of the new roof itself. Try to catch roofing problems before they get to this stage!
Are You Ready for a New Roof?
Premiere Roofing has been serving the roofing needs of families throughout the Columbia, SC area for years. Whether you’re looking for a consultation, a repair, or a complete rebuilding job, our experienced staff can get your home in top shape. If you have any questions or would like an estimate for our services, contact us today.