Summers in South Carolina are scorching. This is great news for locals and tourists looking to hit the lakes and beaches nearby, but not so great news for those looking to save on their energy bill. Thankfully, energy efficient windows can help cut down costs as well as offering several other distinct advantages. Here are the top three reasons why energy efficient windows are the best option for Columbia homeowners.
#1: They Cut Costs
The first and most obvious reason to install energy efficient windows is the fact that they help keep your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer, reducing the amount you have to pay for heating and cooling. Over the course of their lifetime, energy efficient windows will often pay for themselves several times over in reduced energy costs.
#2: They’re Better for the Environment
Lower energy usage means that fewer fossil fuels must be burned in order to heat and cool your home. Not only does this save you money, it helps save the environment as well. It’s a win-win situation for both your pocketbook and the planet.
#3: They Protect Items Inside Your Home
Energy efficient windows have the ability to block up to 98% of UV rays from entering your home. These UV rays are responsible for the fading that you often see on furniture and flooring that is near a window, meaning that energy efficient windows offer tremendous protection for the items inside your home.
Take Advantage of Energy Efficient Windows Today
These are just a few of the reasons that energy efficient windows are the optimal choice for homes in Columbia. If you live in the Columbia area and would like to learn more about installing energy efficient windows in your home, contact the experts at Premiere Roofing today!
Now is the perfect time of year to make sure your home is in tip-top condition, and the best place to start is your roof. Winter weather and spring storms may have caused damage that could potentially impact the structural integrity of your roof, leaving your home vulnerable. Some homeowners may be able to complete simple roof maintenance tasks on their own, yet for some tasks, it is safer and smarter to hire a professional. Here are a few tips from the experts for summer roof maintenance:
Five Tips from the Experts for Summer Roof Maintenance
- Make sure your gutters are clear. Clogged gutters can cause damage to numerous components of your home, so don’t skip this step!
- Look for gutters and/or downspouts that may have come loose. If you find any, tighten or replace the bolts holding them in place.
- Break out your binoculars. Walk around your home and use binoculars to inspect the condition of your shingles. If you notice any damage, it’s time to call in the pros. Damaged shingles should be replaced, while mold or algae growth, along with fallen debris, will need to be cleaned or removed.
- Inspect the flashing around chimneys or vents. If you are comfortable, climb up on the roof to get a closer look at the flashing surrounding chimneys and/or vents and make note of any needed repairs. This can be a dangerous job, so if you have any hesitations, contact a professional.
- Patch any holes in your eaves. Insects and other pests may have begun to create small holes in your eaves, but patching these will eliminate the problem before any serious damage occurs.
Save Yourself Hassle Down the Road
Proper roof maintenance can save you thousands of dollars by correcting small issues before they develop into more significant and expensive problems. The professionals at Premiere Roofing are here to help and will be happy to perform a free, comprehensive, no obligation roofing inspection for you. Investing time now can save you tremendous hassle and headache down the road. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you or to schedule an inspection.