A stitch in time can save nine when it comes to your roof in winter. With the colder season comes a lot of expanding and contracting of the materials that make up your roof. That ultimately leads to curling, breakage, leaks, and weakened protection against storm and tree damage.
Premiere Roofing can inspect your roof and let you know if simple maintenance will suffice, or if it’s best to schedule a winter replacement.
When Replacement Shouldn’t Wait, a Winter Roof Job Makes Very Good Sense. That’s Because:
1. We’re used to our seasons! We will schedule our expert roof installers on the warmer, clearer days. Columbia, SC has plenty of mild days well into winter, with temperatures averaging in the 50s throughout a good portion of the season. Did you know Columbia, South Carolina averages 217 sunny days a year?
2. We’re less rushed now than when handling the warmer months’ fuller schedules. Depending on the size of your job, it’s quite possible that we’ll be able to complete your new roof in just a few days.
3. Your roofing repair or replacement estimate is likely to come in at a more streamlined figure when expert installers’ schedules are not so loaded, and demand for roofing materials is lower than it is in the warmer months.
Call Columbia, SC’s Most Seasoned Roofers
We’re always warm and friendly. And most important of all, we offer the same labor warranty in all seasons. Our CertainTeed Select Shingle Master status means we can offer you more warranty protection on our roofing products than most other companies.
To schedule your winter roofing work with Premiere Roofing, you can call (803) 244-9428 or request your estimate here.
We’ll examine the forecast and schedule your work for the opportune time.
As the hours of sunlight shorten, the autumn nightfall brings us crisp, cool air. While that’s usually a welcome change to people, your home will experience the change directly.
That means some extra wear on the roof, windows, and gutters. Did you know…
1. In changing weather, roofing materials will contract and expand, accelerating normal wear and tear.
Be alert for…
- Bulging, sagging or bending anywhere on the roof. Note loosened roofing materials or worn caulking. Damp, dingy, or mossy areas may also form. Or you might notice sounds indicating possible wear at some section of your roof.
- Wear and tear that’s invisible. An autumn inspection is a wise idea. It can reveal issues early, so you can act, and prolong the life of your roof.
2. Your gutters will bear the brunt of seasonal change.
The Columbia, SC area gets our share of late summer Mid-Atlantic storms, inevitably impacting roofs and gutters. Then, as all’s refreshing coolness shrouds your home at night, it causes some contraction in materials. Take precautions:
- Note any stains or rust streaks, drainage moving where it’s not supposed to.
- Get your gutters checked. Make any needed repairs before winter precipitation freezes, haws, and further loosens them and creates mold hazards.
3. Fall temperature fluctuations can subtly wear the window seals down.
Premiere Roofing repairs the effects of seasonal wear and tear on windows:
- We check the condition of areas where the roof or siding meets window frames.
- We can also replace inefficient windows with handsome, modern energy savers in time for winter.
Well cared-for roofs, gutters, and windows last decades, maintaining the beauty and structure of your home.
Call Premiere Roofing at (803) 244-9428 to take care of yours. Or get a service estimate here.