So you know your roof needs some serious repair, but should you go with a roof patch or a complete reroof? It can be challenging to know which option is right for your home. Getting professional opinions from trusted roofers can help you make an informed decision. In the meantime, we have the pros and cons of a roof patch vs. a reroof to help.
Roof Patch Pros
- More affordable than a reroof or roof replacement
- Can stop leaks and prevent moisture damage
- Takes less time to perform, so it minimizes the time you are dealing with people on your roof
Roof Patch Cons
- May mask problems that are underneath the surface
- Is not enough for a roof with extensive damage
- Can be dangerous to attempt on your own; always hire professionals for the job
- Can give your roof a new life without a total roof replacement
- Will extend the life of your existing roof for several years
- Can plug up holes or gaps in shingles to stop water leaks
- More affordable than a full roof replacement.
- It’s possible to damage the underlying structure if you use inexperienced roofers or the materials are in poor condition.
- May hide the real structural problems underneath the surface.
- Some homes may have an uneven roof after a reroofing. Choosing a professional roofing company can prevent this problem.
Turn to Premiere Roofing for Trusted Roofing Services
What’s right for your roof—roof patching, complete reroofing, or a total roof replacement? The roofing experts at Premiere Roofing can provide a thorough roof inspection to help you make the best choice. Contact us now to schedule a roof inspection or to get an estimate for roofing services.