5 Tips from the Experts for Summer Roof Maintenance
Now is the perfect time of year to make sure your home is in tip-top condition, and the best place to start is your roof. Winter weather and spring storms may have caused damage that could potentially impact the structural integrity of your roof, leaving your home vulnerable. Some homeowners may be able to complete simple roof maintenance tasks on their own, yet for some tasks, it is safer and smarter to hire a professional. Here are a few tips from the experts for summer roof maintenance:
Five Tips from the Experts for Summer Roof Maintenance
- Make sure your gutters are clear. Clogged gutters can cause damage to numerous components of your home, so don’t skip this step!
- Look for gutters and/or downspouts that may have come loose. If you find any, tighten or replace the bolts holding them in place.
- Break out your binoculars. Walk around your home and use binoculars to inspect the condition of your shingles. If you notice any damage, it’s time to call in the pros. Damaged shingles should be replaced, while mold or algae growth, along with fallen debris, will need to be cleaned or removed.
- Inspect the flashing around chimneys or vents. If you are comfortable, climb up on the roof to get a closer look at the flashing surrounding chimneys and/or vents and make note of any needed repairs. This can be a dangerous job, so if you have any hesitations, contact a professional.
- Patch any holes in your eaves. Insects and other pests may have begun to create small holes in your eaves, but patching these will eliminate the problem before any serious damage occurs.
Save Yourself Hassle Down the Road
Proper roof maintenance can save you thousands of dollars by correcting small issues before they develop into more significant and expensive problems. The professionals at Premiere Roofing are here to help and will be happy to perform a free, comprehensive, no obligation roofing inspection for you. Investing time now can save you tremendous hassle and headache down the road. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you or to schedule an inspection.