Commercial Roof Repairs that Don’t Require Replacement
Commercial roof maintenance is part of owning and managing a commercial building. However, it shouldn’t be the only thing you do, and it shouldn’t cost you a small fortune. If you have a damaged business roof, there are some signs that your roof needs replacement or repair. Here’s what to look for and what you should know.
When to Consider Replacement
Nothing lasts forever, including roofs. So here are some signs it’s time to consider investing in a brand-new roof for your building:
- Ongoing and repetitive repairs – if you’re constantly calling for roof repair and the same issues pop up over and over, it could be time for a new roof.
- The age of the roof – commercial roofs have a lifespan of 20-30 years for PVC and 30-45 for metal. If yours is pushing up against those milestones, it’s probably worth talking to a commercial roofing company about replacement.
- Lack of energy efficiency – if your energy bills are going through the proverbial roof, it’s a sign that a new roof might be in order so you can save money and keep your building more consistently comfortable.
When to Consider Repair
Commercial roof maintenance shouldn’t be all-consuming. If the roof on your building is showing wear and tear or has needed repairs lately, but you aren’t ready for the cost of replacement, the advancement in commercial roof repair could extend its life and make it more effective and more efficient. There are two primary methods for repair depending on the type of commercial roof, including shingle and metal coating.
- Shingle repair – most homes use asphalt shingle roofs, but plenty of commercial buildings use the same materials and installation. They’re durable, long-lasting, and easy to repair. They’re also cost-effective and low maintenance. If your shingle roof has leaks or damage, you could replace it, but before investing in that option, it’s worth finding out if repairs are adequate. Proper repair can extend the life of your commercial shingle roof, improve its performance, and improve energy efficiency in your building.
- Metal coating – if your building has a metal roof, the best option for repair is metal roof coatings. Commercial roof coating and waterproofing means you’ll get a durable and long-lasting finish that costs about a third of what you’ll pay for roof replacement and that can stand up to the elements, including the kind of rain we get here in the south. The coating application includes the full roof and takes half the time of replacement. Because of the advanced properties and Energy Star ratings, they’ll increase your energy efficiency without having to start from scratch. They’re also seamless and reapplication is possible, increasing the life of your roof.
If you’re tired of commercial roof maintenance on your business but dread the thought of investing in roof replacement, you’ve come to the right place. There are state-of-the-art commercial roof repairs that don’t require replacement, and Premiere Roofing is the local expert on commercial roof services. Contact their team of roofing professionals and schedule a time for a free estimate to find out if your building’s roof is a good candidate for repair.